We are currently looking for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator based in Vientiane Capital
The MEAL Associate/Program Officer supports developing and managing the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system of the Save the Children International in Lao country office.
S/he supports the development data collection tools, data collection to ensure timely quality data collection, data entry into database, data analysis and sharing of data with relevant stakeholders for program quality improvement and decision making.
S/he also support MEAL capacity building activities for designated staff and project teams, and Government partners.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREA OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Ensure they fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and Local/Country Procedures.
Conduct themselves in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in their personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse.
- Support the design and planning of country office and project MEAL systems, tools, and processes.
- Support data collection across programmes, sectors, and units of the country office and consolidate information SCI Total Reach reporting as well as SCI-Program KPI (quality benchmark and accountability) required MEAL reports.
- Monitor and follow up with program/project MEAL staffs/government staffs and project officers to ensure timely report/ data quality and documentation of lessons learnt in the system developed/provided by CO-MEAL.
- Support Program KPI data analysis and report sharing for SMT to inform project design, planning, implementation.
- Facilitate technical capacity building of designated staff and project teams and Government partners on MEAL.
- Frequency travel for cross-thematic collecting communities feedback by using the SCI-feedback response mechanism has been sign off by SMT
- Participate in meetings and provide updates on Program KPI.
- Ensure that Program KPI data analysis is regularly shared with SMT and stakeholders for decisions.
- Ensures the appropriate application of child rights programming principles into the implementation of activities.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships and coordination with the various thematic teams and units of SCI Laos country office.
- A Bachelor (Master preferred) Degree in computer science, public health, education, economics or a related field.
Experience and Skills
Essential (must have)
- Excellent computer skills, including data collection such as Kobo and statistical software STATA/SPSS/EPI, Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- English language skills, to include reading, writing and speaking as well as strong presentation skills;
- At least 2 years experience in monitoring and evaluation or related filed
- Flexible to travel to SCI intervention areas
Desirable (people with these skills/experience will be more advantage)
- Knowledge on quantitative research methods, sampling techniques, data analysis and interpretation, and applied knowledge of qualitative research methodologies.
- Experience in research, monitoring and evaluating or development projects in Laos preferred;
- Experience in developing study design and methodology including sampling procedures, assisting with implementation, analysis and write-up to inform policy is preferred;
- Experience with GIS mapping and infographics and other data visualization software such as Tableau and Power BI preferred;
Contract length: Fixed term
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested candidates please submit a full application using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including contact details of three professional referees (current and last line managers and HR department). Please also include details of your salary expectations and a copy of your ID card. Please note that we will require a copy of your Criminal Records (ໃບແຈ້ງໂທດ) later.
Closing date for applications is: 9 December, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply via link provided on this page ‘Apply Online’
How to submit your application?
- Follow the link above
- Click on Apply Online
- If you have not registered with SCI’s online application system before (stcuk.taleo.net), please click on New User to create an account first
- Set your new User Name (no space), Password (ensure it meets required criteria) and Email Address. Please ensure you do not forget this information, as you will need to use them when progressing to next stage
- If you have applied and registered with SCI’s online application system before (stcuk.taleo.net), please input your User Name and Password to log in as Returning User.
- Once registered/logged in, you are now ready to apply to any job on SCI’s online application system (stcuk.taleo.net). Good luck!
Frequently asked questions:
- How do I fill in the ‘Title’ field? - Please click on clickable ‘search’ button right next to the field, to select the option provided (Mr, Ms, Mrs)
- What do I put in ‘Secondary nationality’ field, if I only have one nationality? - Secondary nationality is not a mandatory field, leave it blank if it does not apply to you
- Do I need to fill all fields? - Where applicable fill in all fields. But if not applicable, only fill in the mandate fields (fields with red * mark)
Save the Children International is a child-rights based organization. Safe recruitment is central to the safeguarding of children and young people that we come into contact with, and support through our programmes.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the children is an equal opportunities employer, qualified females, persons with disability and candidates from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 23 Nov 2021
Closing date: 9 Dec 2021 - 16:59 GMT
Location: Vientiane Capital, Lao People's Democratic Rep.
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time