Fleet, Inventory and Data Management officer
We are currently looking for Fleet Inventory and Data Management officer based in Vientiane Capital
The Fleet, Inventory and Data management officer is responsible for the overall coordination, and support of all program-related fleet management including follow up with drivers on the use of log sheet and other forms to prepare fleet report, monitor vehicle usages and fuel consumption, and make sure with all drivers to follow SCI policy.
Support of all programs to maintain asset and inventory registers on a regular basis ensuring all additions, transfers and disposals are recorded, and work with other support team to conduct annual and regular physical checks to assets’ conditions and locations and update to asset tracking list and their asset ID properly.
Coordinate and work with procurement staff in CO and field officers to maintain and make sure all vendors are vetted, information of vendors and supplier’s data up to date in supplier database as well as in S2P system, and maintain Total Inventory Management system (TIM) in place in Source to Pay (S2P).
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREA OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Ensure they and their team fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and Local/Country Procedures.
Conduct themselves and ensure their team conduct themselves in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in their personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuses
That child safeguarding is integrated and given a “voice” in all management processes including recruitment, induction, performance management, team meetings, annual planning processes, field level monitoring, etc.
Work with fleet and asset focal persons in CO and field officers to make sure fleet and assets manual, procedures, forms and template used are up-to-date. Work with procurement focal person in CO and filed offices to update suppliers’ data in database and S2P and system as well as TIM in S2P system.
Coordinate/work with Fleet focal persons and drivers in CO and field offices to get log sheets and to prepare for fleet monthly reports to review and share with Supply Chain coordinator before submission to Asia Regional Office in timely manner.
Coordinate/work with Asset focal persons in CO and field offices to make sure Asset list for all program, field office as well as master list are update to date and available any time when requested.
B) Technical Management
B/1) Responsible for Fleet management process:
- Conduct random check and work with fleet focal person to conduct random check to vehicles’ conditions including all light, brakes, all other related safety functions, first aid kits, good tool kits and all required form and templated available in vehicles;
- Follow the proper filling of the logbook/log sheet and train the drivers on its usage and other document relate to driver/riders;
- Work with fleet focal persons and drivers to ensure that all the maintenance/repair of the vehicles are done at appropriate time;
- Work with fleet focal persons to monitor the vehicles fuel consumption on weekly basis;
- Ensure all movement of vehicles are recorded, required forms are used, and prepare for disposal and ensure all proper process are documented properly in accordance with fleet and asset management manuals;
- Work with fleet focal persons, drivers and riders to get information on log sheet to prepare for CO monthly fleet report and work with supply chain coordinator for final version before submission ARO;
B/2) Follow Asset Management manual to handle asset management process:
- Act as Asset Focal point in CO, and ensure to check specification and work with Asset focal person to conduct Asset Register to all new purchase IT Equipment and furniture to SCI staff;
- Ensure to check specification to all new purchase IT Equipment and furniture to programs’ partners and all handover papers are filed and shared properly;
- Ensure all Asset IDs and Asset list for field office, and Asset master list for CO have same information and up to date as same as furniture on inventory list;
- Ensure to coordinate frequently with program to make sure all loss and broken assets and furniture, and handover to new users are reported immediately.
- Ensure to prepare handover papers for all assets and furniture those are planned to handover to partners and make sure all handover papers are filed and shared properly;
- Make sure to work with asset focal person in field offices to conduct random assets and furniture physical checks to selected programs/offices at least once a month, and follow SCI finance manual to conduct annual asset physical checks to all assets and furniture those belong to Program North and ensure to complete by November each year
- Work/Consult with programs and field asset focal point to conduct assets and furniture disposal to all unused/old/broken assets and furniture;
B/3) Support procurement team to manage supplier’s data in supplier database and responsible for apply TIM in S2P:
- Work/Consult with procurement staff and focal point to ensure all suppliers are vetted and ensure all required updated information into database and S2P;
- Consult with suppliers to get all update/missing information into templates required by S2P;
- Support S2P roll out by ensuring TIM is in place, working with Finance team to apply and ensure to maintain accurate information in the system;
- Regularly attend MS Team call and catch on the S2P preparation and roll out hosted by supply chain regional office, and share update with finance and procurement team;
Carry out any other assignments requested by Supply Chain coordinator and Program Operations manager. Coordinate regularly coordinate with other Support Service Team to ensure effective supports to programme team.
- BA in Business Administration or similar field
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 1 year Professional experience in administrative positions;
- Good written and spoken English skills;
- Outstanding Lao written skills;
- Good IT skills in general MS Office software;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in timely manner;
- Willingness to work long hours during peak work times;
- Highly confidential and pleasant character and willingness to serve staff
Contract length: fixed term
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested candidates please submit a full application using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including contact details of three professional referees (current and last line managers and HR department). Please also include details of your salary expectations and a copy of your ID card. Please note that we will require a copy of your Criminal Records (ໃບແຈ້ງໂທດ) later.
Closing date for applications is: 25 October, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply via link provided on this page ‘Apply Online’
How to submit your application?
- Follow the link above
- Click on Apply Online
- If you have not registered with SCI’s online application system before (stcuk.taleo.net), please click on New User to create an account first
- Set your new User Name (no space), Password (ensure it meets required criteria) and Email Address. Please ensure you do not forget this information, as you will need to use them when progressing to next stage
- If you have applied and registered with SCI’s online application system before (stcuk.taleo.net), please input your User Name and Password to log in as Returning User.
- Once registered/logged in, you are now ready to apply to any job on SCI’s online application system (stcuk.taleo.net). Good luck!
Frequently asked questions:
- How do I fill in the ‘Title’ field? - Please click on clickable ‘search’ button right next to the field, to select the option provided (Mr, Ms, Mrs)
- What do I put in ‘Secondary nationality’ field, if I only have one nationality? - Secondary nationality is not a mandatory field, leave it blank if it does not apply to you
- Do I need to fill all fields? - Where applicable fill in all fields. But if not applicable, only fill in the mandate fields (fields with red * mark)
Save the Children International is a child-rights based organization. Safe recruitment is central to the safeguarding of children and young people that we come into contact with, and support through our programmes.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the children is an equal opportunities employer, qualified females, persons with disability and candidates from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy
Date advertised: 7 Oct 2021
Closing date: 25 Oct 2021 - 17:59 BST
Location: Vientiane Capital, Lao People's Democratic Rep.
Department: Supply Chain
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time