Social Media Data Analyst (Consultancy)
Since early 2020, significant progress has been made in the development and rollout of COVID-19 vaccines, with more ready for scale-up and deployment throughout 2021. With the aim of providing innovative and equitable access to COVID-19 diagnostics, treatments and vaccines the COVAX initiative brings together governments, global health organisations, manufacturers, scientists, private sector, civil society and philanthropy.
Save the Children has been engaging with the COVAX facility by representing civil society on the COVAX access and allocation workstream as well as various immunisation partner-working groups. Together with our partners, Save the Children aims to reduce the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on children’s lives by promoting acceptance and uptake of the COVID-19 and other essential vaccines through the mobilisation of youth to become agents of change by sharing of fact-based vaccination messaging and championing vaccination uptake in their local communities and countries.
By harnessing innovative technology, Save the Children can target specific audiences with fact-based messages tailored to local vaccine acceptance barriers, cultural contexts, norms and beliefs, and literacy levels, as well as monitor emerging themes and address concerns in real-time with chat-bots, targeted messaging and other ways of information dissemination. The use of mass media, digital platforms, and other communication technologies such as SMS, IVR and call centres enables us to have a significant reach, including the most marginalised.
Save the Children is also uniquely positioned to enable digital advocacy with children and youth-led advocacy. Using initiatives such as Digital Hangouts, we encourage children and youth activists to deliver key, fact-based messaging to their communities and advocate for their basic rights to be safe, go back to school safely & receive routine healthcare – a normal childhood in other words as adults in their communities are vaccinated.
- Extract social media metrics on a daily basis from five Save the Children social media accounts (for five different Counties) though FB Ads Manager and other social media ad managers
- Work with ACTIVATE and country office teams to tag and categorise social media posts according to concept and content
- Develop system to integrate, aggregate and report on social media posts, reach and engagement metrics across the countries, providing a meta-analysis
- Work with the Technology for Development team and Evidence & MEAL team to align social media metrics with monitoring data requirements across digital platforms needed for an overarching evaluation of the ACTIVATE campaign
- Prepare guidance on procedure for social media data extraction, cleaning, analysis and reporting for the ACTIVATE campaign
- Be available to train new staff in the procedures to facilitate project sustainability and growth as the ACTIVATE campaign expands to other countries and regions
- Develop system for daily reporting of social media metrics and trends for posts across the five accounts, including data disaggregation by concept and content categories
- Time commitment – 20-30 hours per week depending on stage of the campaign
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 21 October 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 4 Oct 2021
Closing date: 20 Oct 2021 - 18:59 BST
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Department: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Part-time